Detailed race rules can be found on the “Liability Disclaimer”, which you will have to sign and bring with you in order to sign in on race day.
- Riders in the Eddy Merckx Classic must wear a helmet, no exceptions
- All persons ages 16 and older (as of September, 8th, 2019) are entitled to enter the event. All people under 18 have to have a signature of their parents on the declaration of liability!!
- Riders are strongly advised to get a physical check-up prior to the event
- Participants are entitled to start the race once they have accepted the race organizers’ conditions by completing the registration form in full and signing it, and after having punctually deposited the entry fee to the account listed. Any transfer fees as may be incurred by the organizers will be billed to the entrant at a later date.
- The participant expressly acknowledges that the organizer is not liable for accidents or other unforeseen events that may happen before, during or after the event.
- The participant is responsible for carrying liability insurance coverage from an insurance institution recognized in Austria.
- Riders must strictly obey the rules of the road. The courses are not closed to automobile or other traffic! Participants will be monitored on all courses by motorcycle-mounted representatives of the event organizer. Riders must comply with all instructions they receive from the course marshals immediately. If a rider violates traffic laws, the participant’s personal details will be forwarded to the public authorities. Anyone who demonstrates unsportsmanlike conduct will be excluded from the final rankings. Organizers also have the right to remove any participants from the rankings whom they deem unable to reach a checkpoint within the prescribed time limit.
- Starting numbers are issued to each participant in person upon presentation of a payment confirmation. Starting numbers must be visibly displayed in the place stipulated by the organizer. Participation under the starting number of another rider, transfer of the starting number to another rider, as well as any other incident determined by the organization, will lead to disqualification from the race.
- Rankings are divided into separate age divisions for men and women on the long and middle courses.
- There is not a separate division for mountain bikes.
- Support vehicles are unwelcome and if they follow a participant too closely, will provide grounds for disqualification of the participant in question.
- Cycle repair service is provided at refreshment stations. Nevertheless, each participant must carry a replacement innertube. Spare parts must be paid for immediately and in cash!
- Participants are requested not to litter the race route.
- Each rider is required to return the transponder upon conclusion of the race. If there is an important reason for not being able to do so immediately, it may be returned by post to the organizer’s address within 10 working days of the event. If the transponder is lost, or is not returned within the stipulated amount of time, the organizer will charge a fee amounting to 50.00 €.
- The organizers reserve the right to alter the race route or re-establish time limits in the event of bad weather or any other unforeseeable circumstances. If risk of injury and danger to life is determined, the organizers may cancel or terminate the event after consultation with the executive board. If the race is cancelled due to force majeure or on instructions from the authorities, entry fees will not be refunded. In the event of cancelation by a participant, there likewise exists no right to a refund. Transfer of an entry fee to another participant is not possible. Registration/entry-fee payment for the bike marathon or the Alpine Cup series must be completed by the participant using the official Internet registration process. Registration or payment in any other form will not be accepted and will be invalid.
- By submitting their registration, participants also agree to their contact information being made available to sponsors, service providers (photographers, timekeepers) or other third parties in order for the latter to meet their service obligations. Those wishing to declare their objection to sharing of such information must provide this in written form to the organizers. Participants agree to the use of photographic materials from the race for the illustration of rankings, internet pages and other PR purposes of the organizers and third parties. By registering, participants agree to publication of their names, home town and their year of birth on official starting and ranking lists in printed or electronic form by the organizer or third parties. Acceptance of these conditions is a requirement for participation in the event.